Reflecting and calming down are the most valueable things to do when being on vacation. Focusing on yourself and rethink your life will come automatically within hours. The good thing for me is to be pulled out of everyday life and routines. This leads to more space to re-think where I am right now and evaluate what to do next. My thoughts are mostly influenced by new impressions of trips and especially reading. Therefore I’d like to share this time my reading list. I have finished only three books during my vacation, but used the time to enhance the list and bought new books based on impressions and reading:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results (Basic Skills) by Gary W. Keller
- The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon
- Decisive: How to Make Better Decisions by Chip Heath, Dan Heath
- Sense and Respond: How Successful Organizations Listen to Customers and Create New Products Continuously by Jeff Gothelf, Josh Seiden
- Thinking in Systems: a Primer by Donella H. Meadows
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferris
- Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Create and Launch Successful Products by Richard Banfield, Martin Eriksson and Nate Walkingshaw
I don’t like to share the Amazon URLs of the books this time, pretty sure you’ll find them online or in your favorite book store if you are interested.
One thought on “Life is better at the beach – my book list”
Yes, we bookworms really enjoy vacation with books in our hands. Cheers!