This year I had the privilege to attend a fascinating Citrix Summit & Synergy in Barcelona. Compared to the event last year in Barcelona and this year in San Francisco Citrix has a much stronger mission and vision statement complemented with its product solution. So what happened?
The top topics and story from Citrix stayed the same:
- Mobile workstyles – Any device
- Cloud services – Any Cloud
Regarding to Gartner’s CIO survey from 2012, Citrix covers four top priorities:
- #2 mobile
- #3 cloud
- #4 collaboration and
- #5 virtualization
Just for the record, #1 top priority for CIOs is Analytics and Business Intelligence. So a huge opportunity for the ecosystem to gain from $19B market and its momentum:
- Online collaboration and data sharing: $5B
- Desktops & Apps: $8B
- Cloud networking and Cloud platforms: $6B
Key metrics from the Citrix Summit ecosystem:
- +1700 attendees
- 900 CSA’s
- 374 alliance
- 192 SI’s
- 68 CSP’s
- 74 unique sessions
- 12% increase in partner productivity; 22% in EMEA
- 17% increase in product bookings
For sure Citrix also announced major updates to their product portfolio:
- Citrix CloudGateway 2: MDX technologies, @WorkMail (secure email) & @WorkApps (secure apps)
- Windows 8 on various product solutions (XenClient, AppDNA, VDI-in-a-Box etc.)
- ShareFile with StorageZones
- Next step for Project Avalon: Excalibur and Merlin Releases for WaaS (Windows-as-a-Service)
From an organizational standpoint Citrix changed evolved their partner and customer support with:
- Project accelerator (formerly known as Citrix Startup Accelerator)
- Expanded Citrix Ready program
- Opening Citrix NetScaler SDX platform
- Citrix Auto Support
- And one more [strategic] thing…the Citrix & Cisco partnership
The strategic partnership between Cisco and Citrix might fire up a little bit some rumors about a greater mariage. Cisco is the #1 aspirant to buy Citrix, not only mentioned by Brian Madden in 2010.
Finally the claim still remain: “To create a world where people can work and play from anywhere”.
While the keynote at Synergy was held by Mark Templeton, all announcements were released on the Citrix website and blog – great timing & very impressive for me when recognizing while tweeting in parallel! Makes it much easier to write a post for this blog ;).
Missing something important for you? Let me know your thoughts.
P.S. This post was written on my BYOD (BuyYourOwnApple) experience.