Citrix Synergy keynote from Mark Templeton started with The Who & is now over with great announcements for this year. The show is very exciting and inspires me a lot. I really love the open culture and things people do and talk. For all who are not able to visit or join the conference, I’d like to provide you a short high-level overview.
The main message of today and Citrix Summit was: Citrix is going mobile.
Why? Mobile is the number one topic dominating CIOs mindshare. The most common answer of CIOs: “I want to mobilize my business”.
As the reason why this is so important, Citrix understands the following reasons for it:
- Consumerization (Diversity in Devices, Apps, Computing, BYOEverything)
- Generations (Workforce born digital, addressing the work style requirements)
- Disruptions (Earthquakes etc.)
So the answer to all this is Mobile Workstyles. Mobile Workstyles includes:
- Workflow Transformation
- Workforce Engagement
- Workplace Reinvention
- DesktopPlayer for Mac (Access to Windows virtual desktops, transition between local and hosted desktops, BYOD for Macs)
- Citrix Excalibur evolves to XenDesktop 7 (VDI, App, Enterprise and Platinum Edition); available in June
- XenApp 6.5 FP2; available in June
- XenMobile (MDM, App & Enterprise Edition)
- Workx App SDK
- ShareFile StorageZone Connectors
Another thing I’d totally agree is the concept about that velocity and magnitude increased in time:
Citrix XenMobile in combination with HDX mobile really was
Worx App SDK => MDXSDK/FunctionRename.h everything you really need?
Strategic partners mentioned in the keynote:
- NVIDIA itself on the stage
Finally one more thing:
Let me know your thoughts about this post, drop me a comment or send me a tweet.