Vacation – time to reflect about life, purpose, goals, methods and experiences.
So many things happened and run through my mind the last months, that I wasn’t able to structure them and find enough time to write them down. I heavily use my journal(s) to write down thoughts and reflect about them as I’m on another personal turning point in my life, but wasn’t able to post more about work ideas as posts in this blog. I posted more on Twitter about agile practices, self-improvement, guidance and directions into leadership. So reading through my notes and being in some great bookstores, I came up with the idea to write single posts about various topics which I find useful like a compendium.
- Focus on optimize the whole > focus on eliminating waste
- Focus on potential customers > focus on adding features for today’s customers
- Focus on experimentation > focus on predictability
- Focus on impact > focus on productivity
- Focus on resiliency of decentralization > focus on efficiency of centralization
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.Agile Manifesto
(Source: The Lean Mindset: Ask the Right Questions by Mary Poppendieck and Tom Poppendieck)